[UPDATED] With your help, the first five years of the popular webcomic The Amya Chronicles can get a quality print collection.
What is it?
Amya, Vol. 1 is a perfect-bound (with gold foil cover) 360-page black & white (with tones) print collection of The Amya Chronicles webcomic, which has been running since 2009. This volume is intended to be the first of a planned series of five books. Amya, Vol. 1 will comprise the first four chapters of the webcomic, four standalone short stories, nine portfolios, a gallery of original art, and more contingent on stretch goals.
Check out the Kickstarter project’s fundraising campaign video below as well as the mock-up image of the print volume:
Who is behind it?
The Amya, Vol. 1 Kickstarter campaign is headed by Amya Chronicles lead writer Savannah Houston-McIntyre. Joining Houston-McIntyre is co-writer and fellow Stratford, Ontario resident Andrew Hewitt and Tallahassee, Florida-based artist Rebecca Gunter-Ryan (a.k.a. Soap Committee).
How much money does it need and when does the fundraising campaign period end?
As of this writing, the Amya, Vol. 1 fundraising campaign has received pledges adding up to the amount of $6,122 CAD—about 38% of its $16,100 CAD goal—with 27 days left in its campaign period. The fundraising period ends on Monday, 25 August 2014, 6:00 PM PDT. Amya, Vol. 1 will be delivered only if the minimum $16,100 CAD goal is pledged before the end of the fundraising period.
Where will the crowdfunding contributions go?
Fundraising contributions will go towards the cost of printing and shipping of Amya, Vol. 1, as well as extra rewards and miscellaneous administrative fees.
What are the rewards and benefits for backers?
- $5 CAD: Limited edition desktop background
- $10 CAD: Limited edition desktop background + Digital copy (PDF format) of Amya, Vol. 1
- $15 CAD: Limited edition desktop background + Digital copy (PDF format) of Amya, Vol. 1 + a set of four 4″ x 6″ character-themed postcard prints
- $30 CAD: A print copy of Amya, Vol. 1 signed by the writers (price includes shipping to Canada and the US, international backers add $15 CAD) + two stickers
- $45 CAD: A print copy of Amya, Vol. 1 signed by the writers (price includes shipping to Canada and the US, international backers add $15 CAD) + five stickers + a set of five 4″ x 6″ character-themed postcard prints + glitter bookmark
- $60 CAD: A print copy of Amya, Vol. 1 signed by the writers and the artist (price includes shipping to Canada and the US, international backers add $15 CAD) + book plate signed by the artist + limited edition print signed by the artist
- $65 CAD: A print copy of Amya, Vol. 1 signed by the writers (price includes shipping to Canada and the US, international backers add $15 CAD) + nine stickers + a set of five 4″ x 6″ character-themed postcard prints + two glitter bookmarks + Amya-themed pencil/make-up bag + Rain wiper charm
- $75 CAD: A print copy of Amya, Vol. 1 signed by the writers and the artist (price includes shipping, international backers add $15 CAD) + book plate signed by the artist + limited edition print signed by the artist + limited edition art book signed by the artist
Additional rewards at the $80, $85, $100, $200, $500, $700, and $1,300 level include pillow plushes, the chance to be drawn as a minor character in an upcoming chapter of The Amya Chronicles, limited edition canvas prints, and the opportunity to place an ad in Amya, Vol. 1. Check out the campaign page for reward delivery dates and more backer reward and stretch goal details.
How can I support the project?
Crowdfunding Spotlight updates
- The Book of Dragons (Kickstarter): As of this writing, the campaign for this 120-page comics anthology adaptation of the beloved childrens’ book by E. Nesbit has raised a little over 60% of its $3,500 target. With 10 days left in its fundraising period, it’s not too late to pledge your support for this project from the same small press publisher responsible for the the bi-monthly digital comics magazine Off Registration and the English language edition of the controversial graphic novel Krantz by Argentina’s Horacio Lalia and Jorge Claudio Morhain.
- The Galaxy Girls (Kickstarter): The campaign for this sci-fi graphic novel by Shawn DePasquale and Sherard Jackson has acquired pledges amounting to $3,313, a little over 30% of its $11,000 target. There are 23 days left in the project’s fundraising period, plenty of time for you to pledge your support for the work.
- Frostlings (Kickstarter): With two days to go in its campaign, this original graphic novel by the veteran Disney art team of Patrick and Shelly Block has just exceeded its $20,000 minimum target. Those readers who want to get in on the Frostlings graphic novel can still pledge support for this fully-painted work.
- Fiction Squad (Kickstarter): Believe it or not, the Fiction Squad campaign was able to raise $10,000 in the last two days of its funding period, exceeding the campaign’s $60,000 target. This miniseries sequel to Fairy Quest written by Eisner Award winner Paul Jenkins (Inhumans, Deathmatch) and illustrated by Ramon Bachs (Civil War: Frontline, Gen13) is set to go out on October 2014.
TheGeeksverse.com is not affiliated with Kickstarter.com or the creators responsible for the campaign described in this article. The information contained in this article is for informational purposes only, and is not intended as an endorsement by TheGeeksverse.com of the campaign in question.