PREVIEW | Jim Henson’s The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow (BOOM!/Archaia)
Monday, September 29, 2014 by
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist Roger Langridge (Snarked, The Muppet Show Comic Book) adapts the late Jim Henson’s script for an unproduced TV special in this new hardcover.
- Original story: Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl
- Adaptation and illustrations: Roger Langridge
- Colors: Ian Herring
- Color assist: Jul Mae Kristoffer
- Format: 96 pages, full color, hardcover
- List price: $24.99
- Sale date: 01 October 2014
- Publisher’s description: In the spring of 1968, Jim Henson and his longtime writing partner were working together to create an original Thanksgiving TV special called The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow, which was to be directed by Jim and feature original songs by Joe Raposo of Sesame Street fame. Henson went as far as building the puppets for the special, but no network committed to the project and the script was filed away in the Jim Henson Company Archives. After the success of Archaia’s Eisner Award-winning graphic novel Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand, we are proud to partner with the Jim Henson Company to bring to life another previously unknown piece of the Jim Henson Legacy… Turkey Hollow is a picturesque town where hundreds of years ago, unbeknownst to the citizens, a meteorite landed near a small brook on the outskirts of town. One Thanksgiving, while young Timmy Henderson practices his guitar, he’s accompanied by strange, unearthly, musical sounds. That meteorite wasn’t a rock at all but an egg holding seven furry, goofy monsters, each with a unique musical sound! After the initial shock, Timmy befriends the lovable creatures, who follow him all around Turkey Hollow. Not everyone takes a liking to the visitors, though, and it’s up to Timmy to protect his new friends and save Thanksgiving!
Preview gallery (click images to view in larger size)
Connect With Us! The Geeksverse on Instagram Recent Comments